Wednesday, January 20, 2016

5.2 Stargazer adaption, wheeee

So as Es would be able to tell everyone, I have been eyeing up Stargazer for MONTHS.  I took months to decide on the right fabric, then the right colours....somethings must take time to decide, right?


Anyway, for my 2016 new start, I finally had the fabric, and the colours worked out...and so it began.

The original pattern looks like this:


But well, me being me, decided it wasn't quite...right.  I wanted a fabric dark enough to actually show up the stars she was gazing at, plus you can't go wrong with purple, specifically 550, soooo...I changed things.

Day two

Day three

Day four


Day five

Day six

Day seven

Day eight

Day nine

Day ten

Day eleven

Day twelve

Day thirteen

Day fourteen

Day fifteen

Day sixteen

Day seventeen, and finished



All in all, it was much faster to stitch up than I thought it would be.  Keep in mind I didn't bead everything that was suggested - I skipped some of the beads in the sky, and the tendrils around the dress, because I didn't think they were really needed.  It was enough as it is.  I may go back and add then later if I feel like it, but as of right now, I'm happy with my finish. 
Whee!

Fabric - Flotsam and Jetsam, by Chromatic Alchemy.  32 count belfast.
Colours - adaption by me (Kat)

Sunday, January 3, 2016

5.1 Tigerlily version 2.0

So I got my Tigerlily done now too!

 Although I did change 4 out of the 6 beads, due to 'supply issues'.  (In other words, I just didn't have them :P)