Contributors

Sunday, April 17, 2016

5.11 Geranium

OK, so this month is supposed to be an event where you stitch something that starts with the letter of your name....and it turns out K is actually harder to find something than you would think.

But me being me, ended up with a uh... side project...that has nothing to do with the letter K at all.

Whee?

Anyway, Geranium is now finished too!

And I hate those green beads with a passion not suitable for words.




Stitched on 'Cook Straight' by Countrystitch, 32 belfast linen.  
This was my trial piece from Countrystitch, to see what it was like. 

PROS: 
  • Very fast turnaround (it was posted within two days, and over Easter holidays no less)
  • NZ company!  (Yey for Kiwi's!)
  • Very nice customer service, and prompt with it too.
CONS
  • Dye spots on the fabric.  Yes, I could have complained and returned it, but a) that would have meant more time and b) I actually kind of liked the effect.
Final verdict so far - undecided.  I need to buy another piece or two from there before I decide officially, as I don't know if the dye spots are a one off event, or not.

But it was a beautiful colour, and bought out Geranium's colours beautifully.



1 comment:

  1. All your works look just gorgeous Kat.. So beautiful. Love to see this on dyed fabric.

    ReplyDelete