Contributors

Sunday, September 8, 2013

2.29 - DMC Cotton/Floss Haul, Mini Update, and Cute Puppies

So, it's been awhile since I've updated... Been busy, what with classes starting and all... I find that school and the pressure to study and do well makes me depressed and unmotivated to do stuff... I did get a 97.5 on my last test... I was still annoyed I got  that one question wrong... :< And I can't figure out what the right answer is...but ya...bleh... Japanese class is still pretty easy for now... Just reviewing things so far for me... Anyways... Here's first, an update on what I've done so far... I haven't kept up with taking pictures everyday...but I think it's fine...

Aug 27 - Day 11
 Oh...and then I had to take poor Odette to get fixed... and this is her with the cone on...
 She was all tired and just resting in my lap all day...
 Then I freaked out because that red bruise appeared! And I took her to the vet...she checked out fine...
 Don't feel TOO bad for her though!! She had a grand time chasing Squeaks around in two days... Squeaks was afraid of the cone and couldn't attack her as usual... She backed him into a corner when they were playing and he cried out for help.  OH THE POWER SHE HAD!

Back to more stitching...
Sept 1st - Day 16
Close up with the Kreinik... 
 I know this doesn't look like much, but it's actually a lot of work! You can't tell but there's about 10 colours in here...10 shades of grey that is... There's a dark grey, a medium grey, a light grey, a bluish grey, a slightly darker bluish grey, a slightly greenish light grey, an even lighter grey, a slightly mauve-ish grey, a beige-y grey, an almost white grey. Yup. It's amazing! Amazingly painful... But, amazing...
Sept 05 - Day 20

Another close up
 BTW I got Squeaks and Odette matching shirts!! They were on clearance >.<
Squeaks trying to look badass.
 Odette and Squeaks' matching outfits! in reverse colours. It's still a bit big for Odette, but it's the smallest they make out there... Squeaks absolutely adores putting on the shirt. As soon as he saw new clothes he jumped on my lap wagging and waiting to put it on... And was completely compliant in it... Trust me, if he doesn't want something, he'll let you know <,< Odette likes the shirt enough...but since she's so small, she still gets out of it... and then plays with it like it's a toy...
 And now, my latest stitching update... Today, so far... I will be finished 1 whole page!! YAY!! Started it (again) on August 15th...
Sept 08 - Day 23
 And now, we move on to my shopping expedition! This is my new 30 drawer organiser box! After I've sorted all my floss/cotton they will go in here, nice and orderly like... Yup, I'm organised and stuff.
 So these are what's going in! (well, minus the ones I put on bobbins first...) This is from the first day of the sale at Joann! I think I ended up with 400 ish for me not including the ones I got for Kat. They had a lot of missing colours, and I was disappointed that I didn't reach my estimate of 550... So, I went back for more...
 And this is the combined total of 2 days' shopping of the sale :D I saved 50%, a total of $120... WOOHOO!!! The pile is a foot and half tall btw...

And these are the 2 receipts... The longer one is 15 feet long! I'm so proud <3 Although, I'm not looking forward to sorting them all....
Pretty good haul if I do say so myself...

And now, I leave you with cute little Odette, in her little house that she loves to sleep in...
 Looking oh, so adorable!!!

Essy~~

No comments:

Post a Comment