Contributors

Sunday, March 20, 2016

5.8 Box of Delights

Last year some time (or was it even the year before?  Omg I can't remember, it was so long ago now) I found myself caught up in a Stitch-a-long for a pattern called Box of Delights, by Liz Almond.  It was a free pattern, that could be adapted to anything from 1 x 1, to 6 x 6.  Being weird, I chose 5 x 5.

I got two month into it, and ....stopped.  I lost interest, put it aside and well...didn't pick it up again.

Until last week, as I looked around for something to stitch in the evenings, since my current big project, Dressmaker's Daughter, works best during daylight hours as I decided to stitch it on black linen.  But enough of my headache inducing fabric colour decisions, this is about a finish.





Given the detail on the stitching bits, I kept my threads to a minimum - Fibrelicious Joker, DMC 310 and one gold bead (Mill Hill 40557).  But OMG it turned out striking as it is.  It really didn't need anything more.  

Plus I'm now kicking myself for not finishing it earlier, since it only took me three days to finish it at long last.  Procrastination kicked my butt again!

Le sigh.  At least it's done now, right?!

2 comments:

  1. OMG!!!!... It took you only 3 day's to finish?? Then why did you stop, being so close to the end?
    It might just be that you have the same problem as me? I have the tendency to stop with something when I am close to the end...
    Annoying habit!!!.
    This piece looks just GORGEOUS.. Wow....

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG!!!!... It took you only 3 day's to finish?? Then why did you stop, being so close to the end?
    It might just be that you have the same problem as me? I have the tendency to stop with something when I am close to the end...
    Annoying habit!!!.
    This piece looks just GORGEOUS.. Wow....

    ReplyDelete