Contributors

Tuesday, February 16, 2016

5.7 Buttercup

Again, one of the patterns floating around half-finished has been done.  Having enough kreinik was what halted this one (it's one of the rare patterns that I had all the beads for).

But thankfully, due to me buying Nguyen's bead and kreinik stash, I had the kreinik needed at last!

Two days of beading.  Argh
Stitching finished
See that awesome butterfly in the corner there?  That's the needle case/beading case that Nguyen made.  It has magnets, to hold it to the fabric, so it both stays in one place, AND holds needles without them wandering around.  AND the best part is that the sliding lid clicks closed...meaning if you use it for beads (as I did) then no beads go everywhere when you tip the frame over to thread under at the start and end of stitching!  Very important factor for me, most beading days start with me spilling 50 odd beads on the ground, and then 15 mins of me on my hands and knees picking them up.

Back stitching finished

Everything done!



There was a truly disturbing number of beads on the dress.  No wonder it took me so long, but still, now it's done...PRETYYYYYYY

2 comments:

  1. She is gorgeous.. And well worth the time spending on beating... Wow... Beautiful colors, beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exquisite work! Love your fabric choice!

    ReplyDelete