Contributors

Thursday, February 11, 2016

5.6 Lilac!

Back when this fascination with Mirabilia patterns first began, I came upon a piece of fabric.  Well, to be more precise, ES came across the fabric, and was generous enough to share it.

It was such pretty fabric, although, alas, not opal.

Anyway, discussing the many patterns and fabrics we gained from this de-stashing of the awesome Judy, we/I decided that the pattern of Lilac might go well on this particular piece of fabric.  Pixie Kiss, from Steph's Fabrics.

And so it was started.

Stitching itself was finished in 2015.  Then it was put away to await beads and kreiniks.  When they arrived, it was pulled out again, stitched/beaded, then put away AGAIN to await the last remaining bead.

Coming into 2016, chatting with the bestie.... I mention that lilac is still almost finished, and just waiting for that one bead.  I was informed that a replacement bead was in fact sent to me with the Bead and Kreinik Stash of 2015 (It was a big thing, for ordering, gathering, sending and receiving).

Feeling slightly worried, I went and checked, and yes, sure enough, there was a bead there.  It was a sutable size and colour to replace the one missing.

It was a beautiful bead, purple/green, shimmery, and size 6 no less.

And I had uh...been using it on other patterns to fill in, because it was so nice.

Ooops?

Anyway, feeling sheepish, I pulled it out, and beaded the gaps on Lilac at long last.  Thankfully I still had enough left over to fulfill all beading obligations for Lilac, AND left some for other patterns.  (Good thing, I'm not kidding about the pretty bead.  It will be used for many more patterns yet...)





And then, after being finished and fully beaded, getting pictures taken .... she was rolled up and put away again.  This time to await framing, along with Lilly, Tigerlily and Stargazer and about four others.  Lalala...

No comments:

Post a Comment