Tuesday, February 28, 2017

6.03 Miss Christmas Eve

Yet another Xmas one, finished and awaiting framing...maybe one day I will actually get them framed and up on the walls for Christmas itself, LOL

This time around I used fabric from Fibrelicious (The awesomeness that is Nguyen), who has only recently started dying fabrics as well has her cottons and silks.
And OMG the fabric she dyed for me - words cannot describe it.

It's called Sunlight Cathedral, and I got it in Belfast opal.  ISH SHO SPARKLIE! *cough*  

With fabric and threads ready, she started being stitched.  The top half was actually really fast to stitch up, it surprised me.  Then I got to the skirt, and I remembered why I have to make myself do the skirt first for these ladies - I get so incredibly BORED.



But I persevered!  I also may or may not have done a smaller project or two in the middle, to help break up the endless green.


And then, just before lunch one day...the stitching was done!


And then her beads!






All in all, I loved her, especially once she was finished.  Doing her again, I would start with the skirt, just so I don't get so irritated like I did this one (And yes, I already have a conversion worked out for her, don't judge >.<)

The one thing I did change on her was the waterlilies.  As per usual for me.  I had some sparkly thread similar to blending filament (and just as irritating to use, I might add) which I used.  I thought it added a special extra, being actually sparkly, whereas the original waterlilies aren't (I called the ribbon her tinsel, so she needed more sparklies!)

Mirabilia's 'Miss Christmas Eve', MD148
Stitched 2 over 2, on opal belfast linen, 32 count, Fibrelicious 'Sunlight Cathedral'
Beads as original.
Caron Waterlilies substituted by other sparkly 'stash-threads'
Stitching time - roughly a month.

1 comment:

  1. Brilliant job. Well done. And the fabric is just GORGEOUS!!!

    ReplyDelete