As per my usual, I changed her up. Now I will be the first to admit, my favourite colour is green. And since I'm also mid stitching Portrait of Veronica, I have greens already filling my current stitching box, so the colour palette was literally right in front of me the whole time...
She ended up greens. Was there ever any doubt?
Her fabric had something of a story behind this time too. My original fabric, I was an idiot and didn't check her size before ordering. And turns out she fits on a FE (Fat Eighth, or 13x18 inches) and I ordered a FQ (Fat quarter, or 18x26 inches). While I COULD have put her in the middle of the fabric anyway, I chose not to. The fabric is stunning, and it would be a waste to put some tiny stitching in the middle and end up wasting it all. So out came the fabrics box, and a new fabric chosen. Turns out it was meant to be, as the original fabric was too similar in the centre to the greens of her dress, and I would have had to change it.
Rest assured, the beautiful original fabric choice has already been picked a new pattern, and it literally about to be put on the frame to start that.
|Top beading done, just the waves to do.|
|Green beads, green beads...|
|All those frothing little white beads on the waves. Much swearing was involved in them, as I ended up 14 beads short. Argh!|
Technically I realise she isn't totally finished yet. I don't have the glow in the dark Kreinik yet, but it's in the vague gloomy mist of 'about to order'. Everything else is, however, finished. So those few Kreinik stitches will be all of 5 mins later down the track, assuming I remember when I finally order the thread, LOL.
Skin, hair, rocks and waves all stayed as originally charted.
- 211 to 3812
- 414 to 500
- 762 to 959
- 844 to 3847 + 310
- 3042 to 3847
- 3743 to 943
- 3747 to 3847 + 3812
- white to 964
- 3740 to 3812
- 3836 to 3847
- 02022 to 02008
- 10001 to 00479 (Will possibly need 2 packets, this is the waves)
- 10023 to 02074
- 16608 to 18831
- 42014 to 02056
- 62047 to 02074
- 850 to 018HL (Backstitching only, 2 strands of 310 would work just as well)
Stitched 2 over 2 on Dye Stitch Love 'Silent Night' (Dyer and store now retired, sorry)