Contributors

Sunday, August 25, 2013

2.26 - Snow by Maxine Gadd

So, Essy here with a post on my new start (sort of new, it was over a week ago, anyways). So I first started this on August 13th...stitching 2 over 1... But found that I didn't like it. It was too snug, the stitches were tight, and making the Xs look uneven. 
Aug 13 2013
 So, I loved the coverage. The colours stood out nicely, and I couldn't see ANY GAPS whatsoever between the stitches. I couldn't even see the pink grid lines at all! I loved it! Except for how difficult it was to stitch.
Aug 15 2013
So I decided to do a test of the 1 over 1....
While you can see the pink grid lines and there are small gaps in between stitches, all the stitches were nice and even! And it was much easier to stitch! So.... I started taking out what I have already done...

Started cutting away at the 250+ stitches :( I was so sad!!!

This took HOURS! believe it or not. I had to be careful not to cut the fabric by accident. I couldn't just pick out the thread either, since it was stitched so tightly that the needles often went between threads in the floss making it near impossible to separate. So cutting, then pulling, and tweezing... took about 3 hours I think...

After that, I decided to take a break from stitching... So here's a break for you. During this intermission, you may have a look at Odette! (Who is now also called Bananas)

And so, it starts again! (BTW, these are taken with my new camera!!)

Aug 16 2013 (Day 2.1)
This went much faster than doing it by 2 threads!



Aug 17 2013 - 230am
This one was at the end of day 1.

A close up of the confetti!

Aug 18 (Day 2)

Aug 19 (Day 3)

Day 4

Day 5

Day 6

Day 7
 And here, you will see a Squeaks on my lap as I stitch. He's a bit camera shy.

And this is at the end of Day 8 (August 23~24 in the am)

Aug 24 - Day 8
So with just over a week on the new start, I have about 4000 stitches done! that's about half a page... And all I see are still bits of grey... *sigh* On to more stitching!!!

Es~~

No comments:

Post a Comment