Contributors

Tuesday, January 7, 2014

3.05 - I Guess It's My Turn


So, everyone has updated for the new year, I suppose I should as well.  I have been stitching away on my cute little owl from Paine Free Crafts for the past month and a bit and I love it! It's my first time trying tent stitching and I like the coverage. I just had to work around not going diagonal in the back... Yes, I'm weird.

This is what it will look like when it's complete... It's SOOOO CUTE! (Even Fatema thinks so).


The colours are quite nice. I haven't done one this brightly coloured yet. I decided to stitch this one because Fatema talked me into an SAL for Paine Free Crafts on an FB group. Get ready for pics galore!

My pretty clean fabric :D

The First Stitches! Dec 1st.

This was a picture I took for the SAL for the FB group.

With my nicely coloured in chart. Dec 2nd.

Dec 3rd.

Dec 4th.

Dec 5th. I got a lot done!

Dec 6th. Rollin' right along.

Dec 7th. Wheeeeee!

Dec 10th. LET THERE BE YELLOWWWWW~

And this is my back... Before it started getting messy.

Dec 22nd. (I forgot to take pictures for awhile). You can see my pretty snowflake needle minder!
 Insert: Food Pictures!!!

We had to have our Christmas dinner early since Ian was made to work Christmas Eve and Day :< I guess our family tradition is that he makes all the holiday meals :D.
Ian's turkey.
 So, I decided to make cookies and cinnamon rolls for Ian's shift, since they had to work Christmas Eve. Booo~~~!
Cookie dough!

Cinnamon Rolls with Maple Icing <3
 Now, back to stitching :D
Dec 28th. Half way through page 2, and creeping into page 3!

Dec 29th. Filling in sucks!

Jan 1st. Because it's so slowwww.

Jan 2nd. But I shall persevere!

Jan 5th. Until the very end!!!! (or at least until the third week of this month and I switch to another project)

Thank you, friends, for coming along with me on this journey of stitching Night Owl. I haven't even gotten to the owl yet!! However, I apparently was randomly drawn to win a chart from Paine Free Crafts for participating in their SAL!!!! Fatema won one, too!! I forgot there was even a contest for it! Now, comes the problem of picking a chart...

And of course, no post by Essy would ever be complete without a picture of my adorable children aka lap warmers. Toodles~~

No comments:

Post a Comment