Contributors

Monday, October 11, 2010

4 - Un-Happy Turkey Day

So here, in boring old North America, is the Turkey Day. Surprisingly enough, I had some turkey! and ham...Now, I wish I had some bacon...Anyways, food aside, it was an overall boring day. Went to work (wonder if I get double pay?), came home, went to the store and bought NAIL POLISH! I think I'll be having some fun tonight by myself *wink wink*. No...That didn't sound dirty at allllll. >.>

Either way, since there's not much to tell, I guess I'll backtrack to something to tell. Since coming back to Canada, I have noticed many differences between Canadian and Taiwanese culture, mainly in the work place. For the most part, I prefer the Canadian way, ie., get paid double on holidays, and paid for Statutory holidays etc. But there is one thing I'm not so kosher with, the push for employee laziness! Just last week, I was told off by my manager for, get this, NOT TAKING MY BREAKS! How ridiculous is that? I willingly sacrifice my break time, both paid and unpaid, to help customers and improve customer satisfaction, and my manager tells me I NEED TO STAY ON TOP OF THINGS? What with this promotion of lack of work ethics? I thought such actions warrant praise rather than discipline? Employees who take longer than allowed breaks, who are late, who don't even give a crap about work, get by juuuuuust fine. I, on the other hand, work over time for free, get called in for extra shifts, give up my breaks, get told off.. Can we say DOUBLE YOU TEE EFF? Made me very angry, and upset. So upset, I had to go spend money and get my hair cut. Too bad there's no company expense to bill that. I wonder if it qualifies under medical care for therapy? I think it was very therapeutic to my emotional well being. *nods*

Either way, with the lack of pictures mentioned last time, I just noticed......I don't even have my camera cable here! Until I buy a new one, or Ian sends it to me, my posts will be sans photos. Sorry and goodbye!

<3 The better half of EssyKat

No comments:

Post a Comment