Contributors

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

6 Why quitting WoW may have been a good idea...

So the new patch came out today.  The one that sets things up for Cata.  You would think me having been through the start of Wrath that I would have remembered all the problems that may occur. 

Aparently not.  My memory is just as awful as always.

After 2 hours ish of swearing that I couldn't log in, I finally check the version.  Turns out my background downloader hadn't downloaded the damn patch.  Naturally I was a little annoyed, and so went into the programme files and onto the internet to try and solve this problem.

Another year later (well, it was more like another two hours, with washing, baby-duty, supermarket etc in between) I finally came to conculsion that my downloader was broken on my desktop.

No probs!  WoW has a repair function!

But....it's not working?

Why isn't it working?!

You have GOT to be kidding me.....

It too was broken.  At this point I was starting to believe your idea of quitting may have been a good idea.

Then I remembered the laptop (queue heavenly angels in chorus).  IT downloaded fine.  IT updated everything.  IT ... (imagine loud thunk as anvils drop on the heads of all angels singing, and squashing them) also ran out of harddrive space.

 About this point imagine me on the verge of pulling my hair out in frustration.

Anyway, I copied files over from lappy to desky, and things are back to normal for my addiction.  With the added bonus of remembered that there is a reason other than mobility I keep the damn game installed on two computers.

Now however, I am in some much needed down-time from WoW.  Reading books, writing notes, baby-duty, making Dom's lunch with him...wait, half that is work too.  Never mind the downtime thing.  I'll go hide in a corner and wait for them to cook me dinner.  At least they're doing THAT.

Kat, dead and on the floor.

No comments:

Post a Comment