Contributors

Sunday, July 21, 2013

2.10 - Completion!!!

I have finally completed my first project! Firstly, I would just like to say a few words.  This project took a lot of hours, there are times where it all seemed so hopeless, all the trials and tribulations, threads breaking, knotting, and tangling.  All the times I had to hope that the thread will last to the last stitch so I don't have to get a new thread, of trying my hardest to keep things tidy. It wasn't easy. There are a few people I'd like to thank. I thank Kat for getting me started on cross stitching, it was enjoyable. I thank Sarah for her hours on skype with me while I stitched away, bitching about messing up and missing stitches. I thank Ian for not bugging me while I do this all the while neglecting my household duties, like cooking, cleaning, sleeping....... basically, everything. Lastly, I thank myself, especially my fingers... They got pricked a few times, so I thought they deserved mentions. Oh, before I forget, I also thank all the online stores that I bought stuff from... WHEEEEE (which I suppose I owe Ian another thanks for letting me get all the stuff >.>). Either way! Without further ado, my completed project!

This is of the picture completed without all the back stitching and french knots, so, a couple of days ago. It's nice to see what the little details adds to the whole picture.

 This is just after my last french knot. I have discovered, I like french knots. They are adorable little roses.

This is with the gridding threads out. Looks nice, if I do say so myself.

Now come the close ups:

Here we have the french knots which make the stars in the sky on the top right:

 The french knots down the centre making the fairy dust (or at least I think it's fairy dust)

 I have also discovered.... I HATE blending filaments... They are curly! and tangly! and twisty! and flimsy! If they weren't so pretty and sparkly, I might not have done them at all!! Okay, well, I would have.... But I'd complain about it! Well, okay, I did complain about it... But I'd complain even more so! (hard to imagine it's possible, but it is!)

 Here's the other side of the sky... Did I mention I love the look of french knots? and doing them?

The fairy with wings... WHEE...

And I DID say I like the sparkly right? and french knots? Yea? Just making sure....

 Here is the 'grass'. Nice and wispy...

And more grass... I hate back stitching, it's slow...and annoying...because of all the research I had put in to make sure I was doing it right, then it turned out, I was doing it wrong, because, for Dimentions kits, you're apparently SUPPOSED TO carry thread, rather than stitch individual squares like EVERY OTHER TUTORIAL TEACHES. Yea....

So I had to pull out the first few sets of back stitching I did (since they just sank into the stitches on the side and I couldn't see them, being they're black on black), it was, annoying.

And  SINCE I had to put in so much work, you'd better see ALL of it >.>

 Oh, there IS one thing that held me back on absolutely loving the french knots... It's the back. My back wasn't perfect before, but at least it was nice and  organized. However, since this piece isn't fully stitched, and the stars were sprinkled  everywhere... Well, I've had to carry threads everywhere... with no place to hide them... Let's just say, I was NOT happy with this.....

And here we have the bottom left corner, with the reflection in the water...

 And here's the bottom right corner... (I know it's boring, but it's my first project... Think of it like a mother with her newborn, you're gonna see all the monotonous crap, deal with it!)

And the reflection in the middle... Ahhhh... That is all. I might go and frame it. I can't wait for my next project!

 And, for no reason whatsoever, here is a picture of Squeaks, being King, ruling over his laundry pile kingdom. Don't ask why the laundry isn't folded yet... That is a question for another time... or, you know, never...

And Odette, looking adorable. (it was hard taking a picture without cutting out her ears since she kept moving!

Now, onto the next project!

No comments:

Post a Comment