Contributors

Tuesday, July 16, 2013

2.6 - It's Sarah!

Hey everyone this is Sarah! Es and Kat's friend and the newest member of this blog! They invited me in to post pics of my own cross stitching adventures, so here goes.

This is my second cross stitch, the fall fairy! Although I was sadly disappointed to find a much more detailed and...if I would say so myself...not as childish version, but what can you do, I had already started on this one. Here is what it will look like finished (not so fairy like...without wings).

Here is the first picture I decided to take...pretty decently far into stitching. Have part of the wind swirl done and the tree. Disregard the yellow stuff in the middle....counted wrong had to take that out.


I decided to finish up the tree in this top right corner and the space between the trunk and the branch, I think it looks much nicer on the fabric than the original picture on the package showed.


After many many weeks of working on this project, since I started my school program and had less time to stitch, I have finally finished the top right quarter! The colours look so much more vivid than I thought they would!


Lastly, here is where I am now, figured I would start on the "fairy's" dress and give the poor tree a whole trunk, instead of being a floating tree (might make it more magical if it WAS a floating tree).


For now this is all, at the rate I am going Es swears it will take me YEARS to complete...we shall see! Hopefully not though, have other projects in mind!

No comments:

Post a Comment