Contributors

Thursday, July 11, 2013

2.4 - Why I don't like living here

Sorry to my American friends, but here's another little rant.

In the less than 2 years I've lived in the US, I've found that 1) lots of people steal credit card information here and 2) lots of people suck at managing their money!!

First things first, in all my years in Canada, I've never had my credit card compromised once. I move to the US, we've had our cards compromised, not once, not twice, but FOUR times... How annoying is that? I felt so violated! My card had to be cancelled, and reissued, and wait for the bank to reimburse us for the amount... Ugh! It is...retarded...

Secondly, how do I know people suck at managing their money here? Our house phone is a recycled number... For the first year, we have had telemarketers continually calling for this person named Alva Barton, asking her to buy more of their stuff...we had to tell them, over and  over again... that person does not live here, it is NOT their phone number... Then... came the debt collectors and lawyers... Apparently, this Alva Barton person owes people money, and is involved in a law suit (they're being sued) and we keep receiving phone calls asking for her... how many hundred times do I have to say, WE DON'T KNOW THAT PERSON?!

Then, my cell phone! I've recently started getting calls from debt collectors for a Timberland Robinson (wtf kinda name is that?) apparently, my number was put down as the contact number..... (do they not check this stuff?) So twice, in the same day, I've had to tell the callers, no, I am not that person, no I don't know that person, no I do NOT know how to contact said person... just kill me...please...

No comments:

Post a Comment