Contributors

Sunday, July 28, 2013

2.17 Celestial Dragon Update

Now, anyone who has known me long enough to know about my cross stitch has known about my dragon picture.  It has, literally, been going for YEARS.

Well, as of tonight, it got the last actual crosses stitched in.  Yup, it's almost finished.  I'm kind of giddy with anticipation of finishing it at long last.

This was halfway though the back-stitching efforts, soon after finishing the actual crosses.  You can kind of see the quarter stitches (the bane of my existence, friggen' things), but you really notice how much of a difference actually outlining it makes.
You can also see the Chinese character in the center and the fact it's made up of 1x1 stitches, compared to the rest of the pattern at 2x2.  The step down in size makes it more detailed.  (And, I want it noted, much more likely to drive Kat insane.  Counting.  Linen.  EVILLLLLLL)

Once the back-stitching was done, I couldn't help it.  I had to try the beads, and see how much of a difference they made.  So, out came the beading needle, and much swearing commenced.  But, I will admit, it DOES look cool with those little beads.


This is my current version of the dragon.  All full crosses finished, most back-stitching done (I only have the dragons scales and a few corner-border bits to do) and the beading.

So excited!

1 comment: